When you place an order with us, or register for products or services, Kingsdown requests information from you that is required to complete your order or registration. We do not sell or rent your information to any third party. We never disclose any information to third parties for a third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Placing an Order with Kingsdown
When you order, we request the following information: name, address, daytime phone number, and e-mail address if you prefer to correspond with us via e-mail. When you submit an order, this information is recorded, along with the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer used to place the order. In the event that a credit card is used as payment, the credit card number and expiration date are recorded. This information is utilized to authorize the purchase. The contact information you provide is used to ship the order and/or to contact the purchaser in the event there is a question about the order. If you need to update or correct this information, please contact our Internet Services Department:
- Email us: email@example.com
Newsletter and Communications With You
We may e-mail you for marketing purposes, and you agree to receive e-mail from us. For example, when you register for product information or order online from us, and provide your e-mail address, in addition to periodic updates related to your products, you will receive our e-mail newsletter. If you decide that you do not wish to receive this newsletter, there are clearly marked opt out instructions at the bottom of each correspondence.
We may also e-mail you or otherwise use your information to share information with you or respond to your requests or questions. For example, we may e-mail you information about your products, items you requested, or special sales or promotions.
We may e-mail you or otherwise use your information to send you transactional communications. For example, we may send you e-mails about your order, about selling to us, or about your experiences with Kingsdown.
Kingsdown reserves the right to contact users to correct account errors or to supply important information Kingsdown deems relevant, to the extent permitted by law.
Disclosure to and from Third Party Companies
We do not sell or rent any information regarding our customers to any third party. We never disclose any information to third parties for a third party’s direct marketing purposes.
We may share the information we collect from and about you with companies or individuals that provide services or perform functions that enable us to serve you. To help us better serve you, we may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties. These functions or services provided by other companies may include order fulfillment, package delivery, communications, postal or e-mail delivery, customer service, data analysis, credit or payment processing, and the like. These companies or individuals may need information about you to perform their work. These companies or individuals are carefully selected and must agree to safeguard your information in strict compliance with this policy when we deem appropriate.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small amounts of data that are used to “remember” specific requests and preferences that are associated with a visit to a specific website, and are also used to facilitate e-commerce transactions on millions of web sites on the Internet. If your browser is set to accept cookies, as you maneuver through various sites, your browser allocates a small amount of space on your hard drive to store these cookies. Kingsdown uses session cookies to identify items that you have expressed an interest in while visiting our site, such as our registration form. Kingsdown cookies are not used to identify, save, or retrieve personal financial information. In order to take advantage of all of Kingsdown’s features, your browser should be set to accept cookies.
If you wish to disable cookies and web beacons, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie and web beacon management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
We may use one or more third-party online advertising networks to serve ads on our behalf on the Internet. The third-party network may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, other websites, and your interaction with our ads. This anonymous information is collected through the use of pixel tags, cookies, or web beacons which are industry standard technologies used by most major web sites. The third-party network may use this anonymous information to provide ads about our products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and your choices about not having this anonymous information used by our third party service providers, please click here http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Additionally, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Protection of Kingsdown and Others
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information in special cases, such as when required by law, to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
Server Log Files
As is standard practice on the Internet, our web servers record, in an industry-standard server log file format, non-personal information regarding what resources visitors use on our web site. Additional information that is recorded includes the computer’s IP address (a numerical address for a computer on the internet), the browser being used and the referring URL. We analyze this generic, non-identifiable information regarding usage trends on our site to aid in optimizing our web site usability and improving our web site user’s experience with us.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), enforceable as of May 25, 2018, imposes additional requirements upon companies to strengthen the security around and enhance the protection of personal data of residents in the European Union. For individuals in the EU/European Economic Area (EEA), here are details about how we use your personal data that we process as a data “controller” under the GDPR.
Use of Personal Data
Our use of your personal data is justified on the following legal bases:
- the use of your personal data is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request (i.e., because you have purchased something from us or requested information);
- the use of your personal data is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation;
- the use of your personal data is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or
- you have consented to the use.
We use the personal data we collect to:
- conduct and develop our business with you and with others; and
- fulfill the purposes set forth in “Newsletter and Communications With You” above.
We also may collect personal information such as height, weight, clothing size, age, pain criteria, lifestyle information, etc., which is collected only to determine the best sleep system for you. We do not sell this personal information. Note: Personal information that you provide will assist us in selecting the sleep system most suitable for you; however, these products are not intended as a substitute for medical care or equipment. Specific medical conditions and needs should always be addressed with your personal physician or health care provider.
In accordance with our legal obligations, we may also transfer your personal data, subject to a lawful request, to public authorities for law enforcement or national security purposes, and also as set forth in “Disclosure to and from Third Party Companies” above.
Additional disclosures or information about processing of personal information related to specific websites, mobile applications, products, services, or programs may be provided to you. These may supplement and/or clarify our privacy practices in specific circumstances and provide you with additional choices as to how we may process your personal information.
You may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already-set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If you deactivate the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
We do not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by us to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify us and we will delete all such personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We keep personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required. In specific circumstances, we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed) ;
- to erase your personal data (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict processing of your personal data under certain circumstances
- to port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent); and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal data is transferred to a third country or international organization.
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to any processing of your personal data for which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent) or to perform a contract with you. You also have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us at:
PO Box 388
Mebane NC 27302
Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, especially if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. In addition to our Privacy Notice for California Residents (below), you can learn more about your California privacy rights by visiting https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws.
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, our website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Category A: Identifiers; Examples: A real name, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers; Collected: YES; all of the above.
Category B: Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)); Examples: A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories; Collected: YES; name, address, telephone number.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law; Examples: Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information); Collected: NO
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose [or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights)]. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. [The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.]
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us a message on our website. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to [45/90] days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, specifically by electronic mail communication.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following our webpage and sending us a message.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an electronic message through our website or write us at our address listed on our webpage.
Visitors outside the United States
PO Box 388
Mebane NC 27302
Last Updated: 12/19/2020