Take the guesswork out of mattress shopping.
bedMATCH is a patented diagnostic system that matches you with the mattress best suited for your body type and sleeping position. Using 18 statistical measurements, over 1,000 scientific calculations and the information you provide about your sleep preferences, bedMATCH identifies the optimal postural support and pressure relief for your body. When your mattress provides optimal postural support based on your body type and sleeping position, your body stays properly aligned and supported during sleep.
Let science determine the right bed for you.
Most people choose their mattress based on how they feel after a few minutes trying it out in a store. The fundamental problem with this is that when you're awake, your muscles aren't fully relaxed. And when you sleep, the muscles in your body relax completely, making proper support even more important for spinal alignment and pressure relief. If you're sleeping on the wrong mattress, poor postural support will result in morning aches and pains and can contribute to bigger health issues over time.
The right mattress should conform to and support your body. As your spinal column realigns, the muscles in your legs relax and your blood circulates properly. So instead of waking up sore and tired, you wake up stronger and healthier.
How does bedMATCH work?
- 1. Create your profile
- Answer a few simple questions about your sleep preferences.
- 2. bedMATCH analysis
- When you lie down on the bedMATCH test bed for three minutes, bedMATCH will utilize statistical measurements and over 1,000 scientific calculations to determine your correct level of postural support.
- 3. Mattress recommendations
- bedMATCH provides color-coded recommendations for proper postural support and identifies every mattress on the retail floor that fits your profile.
- 4. Choose your mattress
- Using bedMATCH recommendations as a guide, lie down on each of the recommended mattress models and choose the one that provides your preferred level of comfort and pressure relief.
Combining the scientifically grounded recommendations provided by the bedMATCH system with your own choice of pressure relief, bedMATCH allows you to find the mattress that is the perfect match for you. Ask your retailer about Kingsdown's bedMATCH system.
Find a bedMATCH retailer
Search our retailer locator to find a bedMATCH store near you.
Can't get to a store?
Using the years of research the Sleep to Live Institute compiled using the bedMATCH system, our sleep scientists have developed the Online Diagnostic* to help you choose a mattress to suit your unique sleep needs.
*Optimized for Internet Explorer. Other browsers may perform unexpectedly. The Online Diagnostic utilizes Flash, and therefore will not work on some tablets or mobile devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to view the response.
- How long does the bedMATCH diagnostic process take?
bedMATCH builds your profile from answers you provide, determining your recommended level of postural support and matching mattresses in about 3 minutes.
- How does bedMATCH measure my body?
The sensors in the bedMATCH test beds take 18 statistical measurements and makes over 1,000 calculations to determine your recommended level of postural support.
- What is postural support and why is it important?
It's the sustained support needed to keep the body in a relaxed, neutral position while sleeping. Settling into an unnatural position on a mattress that doesn't deliver proper support can cause discomfort, morning aches and pains, and can contribute to larger health issues over time.
- How do I know what my postural support recommendation is?
Your results will appear on the bedMATCH computer screen, and you will receive a color-coded personalized printout. This printout will show yours as well as your partner's individual recommendation, along with a blended recommendation.
- What are the colors and what do they represent?
Each color represents a different type and level of postural support, ranging from extra firm to plush support.
- Gold = plush support
- Green = medium plush support
- Blue = medium firm support
- Red = extra firm support
- What information must I provide?
General information, such as your first name, gender, age, whether you have a sleep partner, your preferred sleeping position, side of the bed you sleep on, your height and weight, if you suffer from any pain when sleeping or waking, and the location of such pain.
- Does my sleeping partner need to be with me to determine the best mattress for us?
It isn't necessary but it is recommended so they, too, can experience the diagnostic process and the recommended results.
- What is a blended recommendation?
You can get a blended recommendation when two sleep partners have different postural support needs. Blended recommendations identify the ideal support level and matching mattresses that best meet both sleepers' need.
- Is there a cost associated with using the bedMATCH system?
None at all.
- Is there a bedMATCH system near me? Where is the closest one?
Check our dealer locator for the bedMATCH retailer closest to you or contact our Support Services Department at 1-800-800-1353.
- Is there an additional warranty provided after being analyzed by bedMATCH?
No, there is no need for an additional warranty.
- What if I don't like the recommended sleep surface?
bedMATCH provides a scientific recommendation for postural support that's best for your body and your sleep habits. Comfort is personal, so you are the final judge as to what feels good when testing mattresses in a store.
- Can the system recommend a pillow?
We also developed a pillowMATCH® diagnostic system that recommends pillow options based on a calculation of the distance between your head and shoulder, your preferred sleeping position, and your recommended mattress.